Saturday, January 12, 2013

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (JK Rowling)


Another Potter!  The third book of seven, things really start cooking in this one.  It's Harry's third year at Hogwarts, and a prisoner, Sirius Black, a servant of Lord Voldemort, has escaped from Azkaban prison.  His target appears to be Harry, and the school is on guard, expecting Black to use any means possible to reach the boy wizard.  I'll say no more about the plot.

It's taken three books, but I am starting to really get into the Potter series.  The plot twists in this one were excellently constructed and (to me) totally unforeseen.  Overall, it was really well done.

The only thing that really bothers me about the Potter series so far is this: the students always do things on their own, not involving the teachers, and get themselves in serious trouble in the process.  It certainly builds the suspense, and the concept is commonly used to do so, but it just bothers me.  Still, I must confess, the pages fly by, so I can't complain too much.

Rating: A+

No comments:

Post a Comment