Sunday, January 1, 2023

So Begins 2023

image from here

Happy New Year! As is my custom, this post lays out goals for the year. The goals themselves are in italics, with explanation where needed in regular font.

Spiritual
Largely the same as last year. I explained it then, so I won't repeat the background here. In a nutshell:
- Be disciplined in prayer. 
- Overcome two besetting sins. 

Nutritional/Fitness
I am fit fat. I work out a lot but eat poorly (and excessively). Continuing high amounts of activity, but improving nutrition, and lowering the weight (to 185 lbs) are the goals. 
- Get (and keep) weight under 185 lbs.
- Complete 240 workouts (run, bike, gym, hikes, etc.).
- Eat more fruit/vegetables.

Reading
Reading lists are fun. Being in America, I want to focus on an "American Reading List," similar to what I've done in the past (British and German). And, if possible, I'd like to study humor.
- Read 40 books.
- Focus on American authors/topics.
- Pick another topic and 'get smart' (i.e. read a few books) on it. Probably humor.

House
Last year's goal remains. 
- Finish the basement.

Language
This one is simple.
- Continue studying Spanish. 

Stuff
I've documented my struggles with materialism several times on this blog. It's good to own less. 
- Minimize clothing.
- Minimize game collection.

To 2023!

No comments:

Post a Comment