Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Salt Lake City

I recently got a chance to visit Salt Lake City, Utah. It was my first time in the state. Though the visit was short, and I didn't get to see a lot, I enjoyed what I did see.

Driving south of the city, we attempted to take Rt. 92 east to Sundance. Alas, the road was blocked (the snow had not yet melted off the mountain passes), but we enjoyed the scenery anyway.

After that, we headed north. Salt Lake City lies in a valley between two mountain ranges. Ensign Peak is the best place to see the city (and, I'm told, where the original Mormons first beheld the valley and decided to call it home). Streetside parking was available, and we liked the short hike to the viewpoint (beware the thin air, though). We also enjoyed walking around the downtown area. 

Utah is an interesting mix of mountain and desert regions. I enjoyed the experience and hope to return some day to explore the rest of the state.


















No comments:

Post a Comment