Thursday, June 11, 2015

Angels (Billy Graham)


Angels, by famous evangelist Billy Graham, provides a background on those celestial beings discussed so frequently in the Bible.  Graham discusses their characteristics, roles, and organization, as well as some talk on their dark counterparts- Satan and his demons.

I admit, this book disappointed me.  The only good point was seeing many different passages in Scripture where the Bible talks about angels.  I hadn't realized they came up quite so frequently in the background (or foreground) of God's and man's affairs, though I've read the accounts more than once.  That aside, Graham's book was repetitious, at times speculative (it should have been based solely on Scripture), and contained a good deal of evangelistic messages over and above the topic.  Yes, he's an evangelist, so that's not surprising, but I was hoping for a more scholarly, focused treatment of the subject.

Rating: C

No comments:

Post a Comment