Thursday, December 30, 2021

Thus Concludes 2021


Another reading year "in the books." This post recaps the year and presents what I consider the best of the bunch.

I read 55 books this year, totaling 15,919 pages- about 44 pages a day.  

Of the 55 books, 0 were audiobooks, 2 were eBooks, and 3 were borrowed from the library or friends. By genre, I read 9 fantasy books, 9 graphic novels, and 7 literature. I dabbled in arguments with four books, and nine works were related to life in Germany, as I completed my German Reading List.  

Here are my top ten reads from this year:

Walter Moers: The City of Dreaming Books
Benjamin Dreyer: Dreyer's English
Anthony Weston: A Rulebook for Arguments
Cornelia Funke: Inkheart
Klaus Mann: Mephisto
Thomas Mann: Buddenbrooks
Dane Ortlund: Gentle and Lowly
R.A. Salvatore: Homeland
Mary Shelley: Frankenstein (1818 Text)
Various Authors: Hush

On the whole, this was a decent year. May 2022 bring further works of excellence. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment