Friday, June 28, 2024

Midterm Report

image from here
The days are slow, but the years fly by.  We're halfway through 2024.  Each year, I set and present my goals for the year in January. Today, I remind myself of the goals and look at how it's going.

Spiritual
- Be disciplined in prayer.
- Be intentional/consistent in meeting with others.
- Serve well in the various roles.


Going pretty well. Serving well is a complete judgment call, but I'm trying. I have been able to meet with others, which is such a joy and blessing. Prayer discipline is solid (in frequency) but oscillates (in quality).

Nutritional/Fitness
- Get (and keep) weight under 185 lbs.
- Complete 240 workouts (run, bike, gym, soccer, hikes, etc.).
- Eat more fruits/vegetables.


Going pretty well. My weight has remained steady this year . . . but (still) at 12 lbs above my goal. Workouts are going well—though my biking mileage (414) is less than my target (500), the number of workouts is fine (160 so far). I still eat too much junk.

Reading
- Read 50 books.
- Continue chipping away at my American Reading List.
- Revisit King Arthur.
- Find good books on the science/study of humor.

Going well here on all fronts save the last (which I haven't yet explored). I've enjoyed revisiting King Arthur more than I thought I would, and have read 34 books so far this year.

Stuff
- Minimize everything in the home.
- Buy less/budget better.

Going okay. We have spurts of minimization, but need to address some long-standing messes. I've been generally more disciplined with buying less stuff, but still not where I should be.

Overall
Things are progressing. Not an 'A' year, but not terrible.

Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment