Sunday, October 27, 2013

Green Arrow: Into the Woods (J.T. Krul)


Green Arrow: Into the Woods features the emerald archer coming to grips with himself (and what he perceives as a failure to save his mother's life) and his mission (to protect Star City).  Here, the latter involves him taking on "the Queen," who has taken over his former company and now has what remains of Star City* in subjugation.  The story incorporates several other heroes, to include Martian Manhunter.

The story's so-so, and the art is okay (I love the cover).  This is part 1 of a two-part story; I reviewed part 2 here (yes, I should have read them in order . . . what can I say; I'm a risk-taker).  Part 1 is a bit better, though my comments for part 2 stand- this is part of a much larger story arc, and reading only portions means I'm missing something. 

*A magical forest sprung up in the middle of it.  Look, I didn't make it up.

Rating: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment