Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Batman Forever


In Batman Forever, the Caped Crusader faces a new menace- well, two, actually. And when Two-Face and Riddler team up and use new technology to infiltrate the minds of everyone in Gotham, Batman will need a partner to take them down. Enter Dick Grayson, whose parents were killed by Two-Face during their circus act. But will they be in time?

My word, this 1995 film was terrible. Really, really bad. (My youngest wanted to start with this one for some reason.) The third film in the initial Batman movie franchise, the new director (Joel Schumacher) tried to mix the former's (Tim Burton) dark tone with the campiness of the television series. And it failed horribly. The plot was bad. The characters and dialogue were abysmal. The action and effects were poor. I'm trying to find a positive here . . . it was cool to see how Dick Grayson joined as Robin, I guess? I think it's been twenty years since I last saw this film, and I hope it's twenty more before I watch it again.

Rating: D

No comments:

Post a Comment