Thursday, April 21, 2022

Collins Complete Spanish


Collins Complete Spanish is three books in one: grammar, verbs, and vocabulary. The grammar explains the mechanics of the language, the verb tables show declensions for 120 of the most common Spanish verbs, and the vocabulary section is a Spanish-English dictionary presented topically.

This is a great reference. I read their German version a few years ago. Here, I read some of the grammar section. 

I read more of the German one, as I was already familiar with the mechanics, and it was a wonderful refresher. As I just started Spanish six months ago, I know much less of the syntax, and this guide was harder for me to absorb. As I concluded in my review of the German one, other books are preferred for learning conversational Spanish. But this will be my go-to resource for studying a specific element of the language. The sections are clearly presented (with definitions in English of grammatical terms- handy for those who have been out of school a while) and nicely arranged. Recommended.

Rating: A

No comments:

Post a Comment