Friday, June 30, 2023

Midterm Report

image from here
The days are slow, but the years fly by.  We're halfway through 2023.  Each year, I set and present my goals for the year in January.  Today I look at how I'm doing.

Anyway, here are the goals and how it's going.

Spiritual
- Be disciplined in prayer.
- Overcome two besetting sins.


Some progress here! Prayer has been mildly better, and I'm doing much better in one besetting sin. Praying for more progress, but thankful for the growth.

Nutritional/Fitness
- Get (and keep) weight under 185 lbs.
- Complete 240 workouts (run, bike, gym, soccer, hikes, etc.).
- Eat more fruits/vegetables.


My weight has remained steady this year . . . but at 12-13 lbs above my goal. Workouts are going well—though my biking mileage is down, the number of workouts is up, and I've been working out my core more. I do eat too much junk still.

Reading
- Read 40 books.
- Focus on American authors/topics.
- Pick another topic and 'get smart' (i.e. read a few books) on it. Probably humor.


Nailing this one- really enjoying the year in books so far. I've read 30 titles, enjoyed a lot of American classics, and studied humor a bit.

House
- Finish the basement.

It's happening! We started in May. With the help of friends, we are at the drywall mudding/sanding stage. Hoping to be done by August. Blog posts forthcoming on what we did and learned.

Language
- Continue studying Spanish.

I shifted here to Latin, which I studied for a few months before shifting again to German. (DuoLingo added more German content, so I'm working through that.) The app is fantastic for those with some experience in a language; for those brand new, I'm finding the results are unfavorable.

Stuff
- Minimize clothing.
- Minimize game collection.

Haven't focused on this at all, but it's not out of hand, either. Well, maybe the games . . . I'll take a closer look during the second half of the year.

Overall
The year is going pretty well. Need more discipline in some areas, but growth is there.

Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment