Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises (Greg Cox)


Many movies are based on books; some books are based on movies.  To date, though, I had never read a "novelization" of a movie.  I enjoyed The Dark Knight Rises in the theater, but had a few small plot questions that I felt would be resolved by reading this.  I was mostly correct.

I won't review the plot- the book is 99% the same as the movie- but it was well done.  The advantage, of course, to the text is that you can hear the thoughts in characters' minds- things that don't translate to the big screen.  That capability, as well as the author's short explanations in some sections to provide back story, helped flesh out the movie in a way, and explain some of the things I didn't quite understand after viewing.

On the downside, I felt the book focused only on the movie a little too closely- I would have liked more back story, more thoughts of characters, etc, to make it truly great.  As it stands, it's worthwhile only to the die-hard batman fans.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment