Wednesday, March 2, 2022

A Memory of Light (Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson)


The Wheel of Time saga concludes! Shortly after Towers of Midnight . . .

The Last Battle has come. As Rand faces off against the Dark One at Shayol Ghul, his allies and their armies take up the fight against the Shadow across the continent. The odds are overwhelming. There are traitors everywhere. The Forsaken weave their schemes. Blood will run. Heroes will fall. Yet not all hope is lost . . . Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

So ends the Wheel of Time. I'm filled with a range of emotions. I'm happy and sad. I long for more but am glad it is done. I don't want to spoil the ending, but it was satisfying and unexpected. I'd imagine that it is hard to wrap up such an epic tale, but Sanderson did a great job. (He mentioned that Jordan had written some of the ending before he died- I don't know how much of this final book was the original author's. Either way, they both did well.) There are a few plotlines I wish to know more about, but such is the way of good stories- you want them to go on, but they must end.

In a future post, I'll reflect on the series as a whole. For this book specifically, it is a fitting and solid conclusion.

Rating: A

No comments:

Post a Comment