Thursday, June 30, 2022

Midterm Report

image from here
The days are slow, but the years fly by.  We're halfway through 2022.  Each year, I set and present my goals for the year in January.  Today I look at how I'm doing.

Anyway, here are the goals and how it's going.

Spiritual
- Be disciplined in prayer/scripture routines (and keep tracking them to encourage it).
- Teach the family.
- Take a more active leadership role in church.
- Redeem the time. By which I mean wasting less of it.
- Overcome two besetting sins.


Hmmm . . . not great. Now I have more besetting sins. Just kidding (I think)- they've held steady at "far more than acceptable" levels. The above goals are all happening, but inconsistently. 

Nutritional/Fitness
- Get (and keep) weight under 185 lbs.
- Complete 240 workouts (run, bike, gym, soccer, hikes, etc.).
- Eat less sugar/carbs/food in general.


Losing ground. My weight shot up a few pounds in March and is now 194 lbs. It's getting harder to keep it down, though my workouts are steady and (to me) acceptable. Is this what aging brings? Ugh. Regardless, need to focus on the diet now. The workouts so far:
32 bike rides, 527 miles
46 gym workouts
16 runs, 33 miles
29 'other' workouts (mowing, shoveling, weeding, hiking, etc.)

Financial
- Get good budgeting system in place.
- Follow it.


Mild progress here. Our system is sustainable but not as granular as I like. 

Reading
- Read 40 books.
- Focus on fantasy (a number of series) and American history/literature.
- Pick another topic and 'get smart' (i.e. read a few books) on it.


Nailing this one- really enjoying the year in books so far. Though I haven't picked another topic, a focus has been minimizing my 'owned but unread' pile, and that's progressing nicely.

House
- Finish the basement.

Hahahahahahah. Maybe within 10 years? We did clean up the basement. Does that count?

Language
- Continue studying Spanish.

On track. And I'm pleased that I seem to have retained my German.

Games
- Play the 12 games in my 'owned but unplayed' pile.
- Minimize game collection to what I play regularly.
- Build a cube for Magic.
- Have more game nights.

Going well. Down to 5 'owned but unplayed' games; I've minimized my collection and built a Magic cube. Have had a few game days- need more.

Overall
The year is going okay. Need more discipline in some areas, but progress is there.

Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment