Saturday, February 9, 2013

King Arthur


Next up on my "I'm sick so I'm watching movies" marathon: King Arthur.  Claiming to be a more historically-accurate re-telling of the legend, the tale involves said king before he was crowned, when he was a knight in the employ of the Romans.  The Saxons invade through Scotland (what?), and Arthur must beat them back with a handful of native Britons and small band of his vaunted knights.  Does he succeed?  What do you think?

I'm rapidly finding that, the more I read, the less I enjoy many movies.  Having read a good deal about King Arthur recently, this just didn't do it for me.  I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, but not enough to watch a second time.  One final comment: I hate it when movies claim to be historic, or nearly so, and then aren't anywhere close. 

Rating: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment