Sunday, July 7, 2013

Death or Victory: Tales of the Clan Maclean (Fiona Maclean)


I'm one of many Americans who claim Scottish/Irish ancestry, and so my curiosity regarding family history has been piqued while living in the UK.  I have Maclean blood in me, and so that clan is of particular interest.  To that end, Fiona Maclean's Death or Victory: Tales of the Clan Maclean is right up my alley.  A quick read (99 pages with many sketches), it recalls some tales of interest pertaining to the history of the clan- from its founder (Gillean of the Battle-Axe) to present day.  Written with a younger audience in mind, it's difficult to know fact from legend here, but it's entertaining nonetheless.  Recommended for all of Maclean descent, you can order it here.

Rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment