Thursday, August 15, 2013

NHL Logos

As posted previously, I want to start blogging about things I like in an attempt to quench the 'desire for ownership.'  One of my struggles is with sports paraphernalia- so we'll begin there.  Today's topic: the National Hockey League, or NHL.

Yes, it's silly, but I must admit: in every sports league, I root for some teams based on the coolness of their jersey and/or logo.  Petty, stupid, call it what you will, it is what it is.  So, here I present my favorite NHL equipment.

1. The Calgary Flames

The top spot is an easy pick- my favorite NHL team.  The Flames have sported a number of cool logos/jerseys over the years; below are my favorites.

The original Calgary logo
 
The present-day logo

The "horse jersey" of the early 2000s

I like this logo so much, I had it on my car hood.  Not joking.

The modern jersey

2. The St. Louis Blues

My second-favorite NHL team also sports my second-favorite logo.  Again, I know I'm petty.  But, I enjoy the combination of music and athletics in the name and symbol.



3.  The Hartford Whalers

Sadly, this team relocated in 1997 and became the Carolina Hurricanes.  Look closely at the logo- I like how they worked the "H" into the white space between the whale fin and the "W."





4. The Philadelphia Flyers

Love the primary jersey color of orange; also really like the current jersey "name strip" on the back, which offsets it nicely from the main body.  The logo is a nice combination of a stylistic "P" with a hockey puck.


5. The Pittsburgh Penguins

Hard not to like an ice-skating, glaring penguin.



That's it for today- I'll try my best not to buy any of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment