Monday, December 28, 2020

Thus Concludes 2020


Another reading year "in the books." This post recaps the year and presents what I consider the best of the bunch.

I read 53 books this year, totaling 16,013 pages- about 43 pages a day.  That about doubles last year's output, which is satisfying. 

Of the 53 books, 0 were audiobooks, 0 were eBooks, and 2 were borrowed from the library or friends. (Unlike prior years, this was a 'physical book'-focused year.)  I read 16 books on theology and 23 books related to life in Germany (my German Reading List or pursuit of German fluency).  

Here are my top ten reads from this year:

Kevin DeYoung: The Hole in Our Holiness
Michael Ende: Momo
(honorable mention: The Never-Ending Story)
Robert Jordan: The Great Hunt
Peter Schneider: The Wall Jumper

If I had to pick two authors above all, I'd go with Michael Ende and D.A. Carson. Ende's fantasies are wonderful and inspiring; Carson's theology is insightful and convicting. 

On the whole, things bounced back after two 'down' reading years. This year, I had a hard time choosing only ten for my 'best of' list. May 2021 bring further works of excellence. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment