Saturday, December 28, 2019

Thus Concludes 2019


Another reading year "in the books." This post recaps the year and presents what I consider the best of the bunch.

I read 40 books this year, totaling 7930 pages- about 22 pages a day.  I think that's my lowest total in the last eight years . . . I need to pick up the pace in 2020.

Of the 40 books, 4 were audiobooks, 3 were eBooks, and 5 came from the library or friends.  I read 21 books related to life in Europe or learning the German language.  Learning a new language certainly sapped my totals this year- it's much harder/slower to read in a second language.

Here are my top ten reads from this year:

William Brohaugh: Write Tight
C.V. Wedgwood: The Thirty Years War
Tim Keller: The Meaning of Marriage
Tim Keller: The Prodigal God
Ivo Andric: The Bridge over the Drina
DK Publishing: World War II: The Definitive Visual History
Tim Keller: Counterfeit Gods
Robert Jordan: The Eye of the World
Gerald Morris: Sir Gawain the True
The Brothers Grimm: Grimm's Fairy Tales Vol. 1

Though the above are excellent and I enjoyed other selections as well, I couldn't help but feel this year, like the last, was a 'down' reading year.  I can't put my finger on the cause; it just felt a little less gripping than normal.  Let's turn that around in 2020.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment