Saturday, October 1, 2022

Death in Castle Dark (Veronica Bond)

Nora Blake is enjoying her new acting job, working in a murder-mystery troupe and living in an actual castle in the American midwest. But things take a horrible turn when one mystery dinner reveals an actual murder- one of the actors who lived and worked with her. Police are on the scene, but will they be able to find the killer before they strike again?

I don't often read mysteries, but enjoy them when I do. This fits into the 'cozy' mystery category- a nice book to curl up with on a winter or rainy day. I would consider this a typical whodunnit- it is suspensful and has the twists and red herrings you'd expect in the genre. That said, I didn't think it extraordinary; some elements seemed poorly done and character portrayals amateurish. Enjoyable overall, but I'm not sure I would read more in the series.

Rating: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment