Saturday, September 21, 2013

Robin Hood: Men in Tights


I had to wash Robin & Marian out of my mind, and I turned to 1993's Robin Hood: Men in Tights to do it.  A typical Mel Brooks comedy, Men in Tights is intentionally ridiculous, spoofing a number of movies (mostly Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves), and incorporating anachronisms for increased comedic effect.  It has the same basic plot as Prince of Thieves, so I won't expound on that here- it's the story of Robin Hood, plain and simple.

Like Monty Python, people tend to love or hate Mel Brooks comedy.  I enjoyed it, mostly.  Of course it's stupid- that's the point- but some of the gags elicited a chuckle or an amused groan.  It's not something you'll watch over and over, but it is good for a viewing every decade or so.

Rating: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment