Friday, July 11, 2014

The Body in the Library (Agatha Christie)


Spending more time in the car lately, I've resorted to audiobooks to pass the time.  The Body in the Library, by that "Queen of Crime," Agatha Christie, appealed due to its length (under 200 pages in print) and genre (I thought mysteries would be good 'car listening').  I wasn't disappointed.

It's hard to review mystery novels in-depth without giving away things, so I'll leave it at this: The Body in the Library is about a body that was discovered in a library (shocking!)- a personal library of a well-to-do aged couple.  The couple claims no knowledge of the victim or situation; can Miss Marple determine the truth?

The book was good- as I suspect Christie's works always are (this is my fourth, and I've been pleased every time).  It was easy enough to listen to in the car, though it's hard to get all of the details that can be so important and intriguing.  That said, I probably would have enjoyed it more in print, but as it stands, the audiobook wasn't bad.

Rating: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment