Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Wrecker (Clive Cussler, etc.)


Clive Cussler has his share of hits over the years- especially his novels featuring Dirk Pitt.  The Wrecker, however, is one of Cussler's newer works, featuring a different protagonist (detective Isaac Bell) and era (early 1900s America).   In this story, Bell must stop an adversary committing sabotage all over railways in California and Oregon. 

How the mighty have fallen.  I love Cussler, but here I can sum up by saying "decent story, poor execution."  The writing was so lackluster that I put it down after getting a quarter of the way through it- which I've never done for a Cussler book (or any thriller, I think).  I don't know who actually wrote it- if this is a Scott work with Cussler's name on it to increase sales- but regardless, you can skip this one.

Rating: C-

No comments:

Post a Comment