Saturday, December 15, 2012

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter


Having enjoyed the book immensely, I eagerly anticipated the movie Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.  Did it meet expectations?  Sadly, no.

Let me back up and say, as a rule, that I don't need book adaptations to match the book exactly.  I understand the need to alter the story to fit the big screen.  That said, I was surprised by just how different the movie was from the book.  Many changes seemed absolutely needless.  Some changes to "ramp up the action" were understandable, but many others were not.  The action was good, and the casting was good, but overall I felt the movie was a shell of the book, which is sad, because the book was wonderful.  The typical experience holds true yet again- the book is better than the movie.  Would I have enjoyed this more had I watched the movie first?  I can't say- I suppose so- but if I were you, I'd devour the book and ignore the movie.

Rating: C

No comments:

Post a Comment