Saturday, June 29, 2019

Midterm Report

image from here
The days are slow, but the years fly by.  We're halfway through 2019.  Each year, I set and present my goals for the year in January.  Today I look at how I'm doing.

I decided to keep it simple this year, presenting the following as my main goals:
- spiritual: re-establish good routines in prayer, scripture, and leading the family in devotions/teaching
- financial: determine a good system for budgeting/tracking expenses- and stick to it
- nutritional: radically improve diet and overall health

Along with some side goals:
- read 40 books (potentially based on a 'German reading list')
- create a board game
- have adventures in Europe and blog about trips/family life overseas
- become fluent in German
- slow down and enjoy every area of life (even the mundane chores- stop 'looking away to the future' or leisure time)

Here's how each is going:

Spiritual
I have been in a better routine here- during the weekdays.  Weekends and vacations still throw me.
Grade: B

Financial
We're saving nicely, but don't yet have a good system in place.  Needs to be addressed.
Grade: B-

Nutritional
I'm on track to meet or exceed last year's workout totals, but not doing well in the eating department.  I blame the schnitzel.  And waffles.  And chocolate.
Grade: C

Reading
I haven't read quite as much this year, in part because the quest for fluency is taking time.  But the German Reading List is going well.
Grade: B

Board Game
Minor goal, but no progress.
Grade: F

European Adventures
Living the dream here.  I love the history and culture of this continent.
Grade: A-

Fluency
I've made this a priority and been consistently studying.  I'll cover this more in a future post, but there's hope for me yet.
Grade: A

Slow Down & Focus
Meh.  I have kids.  Whom I use as an excuse.
Grade: F

Overall
Nice to see results in some areas, but there's a long road ahead.

Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment